pecunia est nihil
There is free money out there for the taking . . . and with a little effort, some of it can be yours. This is how I made a couple of bucks. What one man can do, another can do!.
1. I found various books/CDs/DVDs in a thrift store/the garbage/a little library and then sold them on Amazon.com/eBay:
S̶t̶e̶e̶l̶ ̶C̶o̶n̶s̶t̶r̶u̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶M̶a̶n̶u̶a̶l̶,̶ ̶1̶3̶t̶h̶ ̶E̶d̶i̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶(̶b̶y̶ ̶A̶m̶e̶r̶i̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶I̶n̶s̶t̶i̶t̶u̶t̶e̶ ̶O̶f̶ ̶S̶t̶e̶e̶l̶ ̶C̶o̶n̶s̶t̶r̶u̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶)̶ SOLD Purchased for $1.00, sold on Amazon for $53.98 (Profit: $43.09)
2. Amazon Business Prime American Express Card: Prompted by Amazon.com at checkout, I applied for an AMEX card, was instantly approved, and then immediately given a $200 credit which was automatically applied toward a new HP laptop I was buying. I subsequently spent another $1,000 on the said Amex and was given a $100 statement credit. It was that simple.
Note 1: When you order a new computer their are a number of specifications to be reviewed. While memory and speed are important, if I could do it again I would have ensured mine came with a backlit keyboard.
Note 2: I had mine delivered to an Amazon locker in Deleware when I was passing through and therefore paid no sales tax.
3. Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card: Prompted by Amazon.com at checkout, I applied for a Visa card, was instantly approved, and then immediately given a $100 credit (via gift card) which was automatically applied at checkout.
4. $10 reward when you reload your Amazon.com Gift Card with $100 or more (Applicable on first reload only). You're going to spend more than $100 on Amazon.com over your lifetime, so why not get an extra 10 bucks?
6. Discarded Desk: I'm staying in an Airbnb and needed a desk because I couldn't blog off of a tv tray forever (it cramps the creativity). I could have bought one at Ikea for $100, but instead found one being shall we say discarded and now I'm blogging off of this beauty.
7. Haircuts: Since the beginning of Covid, I have not had a haircut. $25 x 4 = $100. The Missus says I look even sexier (who am I to disagree?)